Renaissance Revisited

Renaissance Revisited (2011)

This is my new claymation film, which I produced for my Art Foundation end of year show

http://vimeo.com/26373066





Fine Line - The Jav'lins (2011)

Fine Line - The Jav'lins (2011)

This is a music video that I directed for a local Nuneaton band, 'The Jav'lins'


Drear and Fesire: A Journey to the Heart of the Surrealist Ethos (2011)

Drear and Fesire: A Journey to the Heart of the Surrealist Ethos (2011)

This is my new short surreal film, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEwlVdiAWI


En Passant (2010)

En Passant (2010)

This is my debut short film, in the style of French New Wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXWfBG_iB4


Wednesday 18 May 2011

Recording Renaissance Revisited - Day 4




This opening shots are influenced by Robert Zemeckis' 'Back to the Future' in which Marty McFly plugs  his guitar into the enormous amplifier, and then turning all of the dials to the limit. I used extensive use of jump cuts with the dials, especially jump zooms.

This are a couple of stills from the playing of the band, which involve the drums and guitar. I was influenced by the style of music videos, especially 'Reptilia' by The Strokes and 'Teddy Picker' by the Arctic Monkeys. I also looked to the opening of Edgar Wright's 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World'. The editing is very fast paced, and corresponds with the beat of the song played over the top. I also used quite a few 'whip pans' in which the camera pans very quickly and creates a blurred effect, Martin Scorsese and Paul Thomas Anderson use this camera technique often. I then edited these whip pans together to create a smooth blurred transition. I really liked that effect

No comments:

Post a Comment